Top 5 Monitors for Nvidia RTX 4090, 4080 & AMD Radeon RX 7900 GPUs

Interesting article...

However, I'm probably coming at it from an opposite angle though.
I've got a G-SYNC ASUS ROG PG348 3440 x 1440 34" 100hz (max) monitor.

Question would be: what's the most suitable PC setup on ultra settings to achieve a maximum of 100hz without bottlenecking for a title such as Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Cheers.

As with any list, some great products are going to be left out in favor of others. However, Tim has reviewed all of the above, the Asus PG32UQX, Odyssey G9 and the Asus OLED PG42UQ... so he clearly put them all in consideration and well, it's still going to be a subjective list, just a very informed one.

Tim does likes his monitors to offer fair value, for example, the in the Asus PG42UQ vs LG C2 OLED, they are pretty similar for the most part, but the LG C2 costs half of the Asus' right now on Amazon...

vs

Frankly I prefer gaming on my 65" Samsung QLED. Color accuracy isn't as good as a monitor but being able to have multiple work areas open in a large format is invaluable especially when looking at CAD drawings, schematics, spreadsheets and graphs.

Last edited:
Let me know when 4k 30~32 in ips with extreme colour reproduction. Mates with true hdr, 120+ refresh and decent prices. Tried a very highly rated va panel. Rubbish in my experience. The cheap sammy ips kills it for true colour.

Get LG 27GP950 full speed 48gbps HDMI 2.1 ports and HDR 600.

The Gigabyte M28U has 24gbps HDMI 2.1 ports which rely on DSC. It’s HDMI ports are problematic when it comes to input switching. Randomly the 120hz screen reverts to 60hz after waking the display from sleep. It’s DP and USB-C ports are fine and I am stuck with them and cannot use HDMI 2.1 ports for above mentioned issues.

Let me know when 4k 30~32 in ips with extreme colour reproduction. Mates with true hdr, 120+ refresh and decent prices. Tried a very highly rated va panel. Rubbish in my experience. The cheap sammy ips kills it for true colour.
Check out the Dell G3223Q. That’s my desktop monitor, less gamer looks than most others, checks most boxes except for true HDR.

Got 38 inch lg 38G950, excellent screen for gaming and work
It's weird this article barely have any uw. Odyssey g9 sure should be recommended. 16x9 is just a bad aspect ratio.

No 32:9 on this list is a mistake. 32:9 may not be for everyone, but if you haven't seriously considered it for yourself yet, don't buy your next monitor until you've made an informed decision.

My Neo G9 remains my favorite tech purchase over the past many years, and that's even having paid too much. Look out for sales, I regularly see it at $1,500 these days and I think it's starting to dip below that sometimes now.

This is taking productivity work into consideration. I'd give up the 32:9 for gaming before I'd give it up for productivity, but it's pretty sweet for both.

My next monitor will be a 4K 32:9, probably when I can buy a 5080 or AMD equivalent.

Interesting article...

Question would be: what's the most suitable PC setup on ultra settings to achieve a maximum of 100hz without bottlenecking for a title such as Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Cheers.
Microsoft flight sim doesnt run on any high res at 100 hz, so I would recommend the rtx 4090 and powerful cpu, since that game has heavy cpu usage as well. The 5800X3D is a good candidate for a fast gaming cpu that doesnt cost a fortune

I would like LG to release a 32" variant of their new OLED pc monitor as the 27 " version is too small for me. I look forward to your review of the new LG OLED pc monitor(s).

Last edited:
No 32:9 on this list is a mistake. 32:9 may not be for everyone, but if you haven't seriously considered it for yourself yet, don't buy your next monitor until you've made an informed decision.

My Neo G9 remains my favorite tech purchase over the past many years, and that's even having paid too much. Look out for sales, I regularly see it at $1,500 these days and I think it's starting to dip below that sometimes now.

This is taking productivity work into consideration. I'd give up the 32:9 for gaming before I'd give it up for productivity, but it's pretty sweet for both.

My next monitor will be a 4K 32:9, probably when I can buy a 5080 or AMD equivalent.

VA panel - No thanks

I would like LG to release a 32" variant of their new OLED pc monitor as the 27 " version is too small for me. I look forward to your review of the new LG OLED pc monitor(s).
I think that would be the sweet spot for an OLED monitor. Still worry about screen burn in especially for apps with static images in the corners.

I'm sure these are all fine monitors and I have no problem spending more for quality. With age comes wisdom and intuition. I bought my son a 32'' Sceptre 60Hz 1080p like 4 years ago just $105! Has been excellent. This past Cyber Monday I got him the Sceptre E325B 32" LED IPS 1440p 144Hz for $200! Anyone that knows anything about marketing, product markup, volume discount and overseas manufacturing knows that ASUS, Samsung, LG are making huge profit on the above units but at lower volume. The new Sceptre is just as impressive as the big guys, truly. The savings bought Christmas gifts for my other son, his wife and my 1 week old first granddaughter. Perspective. There's a saying about taking things with a grain of salt that smacks hard here.

this is why I use TV's as a monitor. I need screen realestate. I really wish TV's would come with a display port especially considering my next screen is going to be an 8k QLED.

VA panel - No thanks
... OLED monitor. Still worry about screen burn ...-

If you're against VA for being VA, and OLED for burn-in, what is it you are recommending?

Personally I don't get the anti-VA bias for a desktop monitor. I love my OLED TV for content consumption, but for a desktop device that I work on all day - and mostly text at that - the Neo G9 is the best balance I've found so far. It certainly blows away my former IPS panels.

I have a Samsung 27.5" 4K 60 Hz IPS monitor and though the colors are very good, the blacks and light distribution is nothing but horrible. Unfortunately for private reasons I took to long to test it and I thought it was some setting, then I couldn't return it..

My older Samsung 46" 1080p TV ( 100 Hz VA panel ) as a TV and monitor was MUCH better at blacks and color wasn't for productivity and gaming any inferior to my 4K IPS...

I think the tech behind is not that important anymore but the quality of the panel itself. A good VA can be better than IPS. But definitely OLED is the best tech as long as that gaming, TV, monitor work has no fixed UI or you'll have burn-in sooner or later (which will be soon anyway). For a TV it's great, as a monitor I would go QLED (so Q, LCD, not oled) or similar.

If you're against VA for being VA, and OLED for burn-in, what is it you are recommending?

Personally I don't get the anti-VA bias for a desktop monitor. I love my OLED TV for content consumption, but for a desktop device that I work on all day - and mostly text at that - the Neo G9 is the best balance I've found so far. It certainly blows away my former IPS panels.
yeah, VA panels have come A LONG WAY. I remember when VA panels were really only good for still image. They couldn't be beat for contrast and color accuracy but it was effectively like working on a 10hz screen with how bad ghosting was. And, back in the day viewing angles sucked. I'm just glad TN panels aren't really a thing anymore. If anyone remembers, they were really the first high refresh LCD panels but the dithering SUCKED.

However, I can understand how people would only want an IPS display. It's pretty hard to F*** up an IPS monitor

Interesting article...

Cheers.
If your wallet is not a bottleneck then a super ultrawide 49 inch monitor like the neo G9 is probably the best immersive experience for Microsoft flight simulator. If you wait 2 weeks for CES 2023 we will likely see next generation display port 2.1 monitors like the 8k monitors by Samsung and others.

Hey all, to assist my son on his new IPS monitor replacing a VA television monitor, is there a general rule of thumb for adjusting settings to optimize Contrast Ratio? Coming from a VA display he sees a lot of gray where it used to be black. His room is often dark with lights off compounding the issue. I've seen low brightness, high contrast as a solution. Will other settings minimize this? Thanks.

Back