Stop Those Annoying Browser Prompts Asking for Your Location or to Send Notifications

Around two weeks ago I was searching on how to disable this. I just couldn't believe this was part of modern browser innovation. Every random website that one is visiting one time, due to a Google search or something, or linked to something else asking if I want to receive notifications from them.

A quick FYI - if you consume live TV content in the US, usually with a Cable or satellite login, on a computer in a browser disabling this option might cripple your ability to watch that content.

FoxSportsGo is a site I know uses this but their Windows App in the store is a superior experience to the browser.

Actual title should have been, "how to disable all the features that let web applications do the things you've asked for over the last 15 years."

While you're at it, just turn off JavaScript, cookies, service and web workers, disable plugins and extensions. Actually, just cancel your internet service, get a subscription to the newspaper and a buy roll of stamps. You'll not only save money, you'll be patriotic by supporting snail mail. #TinFoilMadHatters

The internet was a lot better before we let you on it :p

Wouldn't it be neat if Mozilla concentrated on things like making its browser as as easy to configure as all the others instead of supporting ANTIFA?

Chrome - "This setting is enforced by your administrator". Anyone know of a way to make ublock origin do the same thing? Or another work around?

Actual title should have been, "how to disable all the features that let web applications do the things you've asked for over the last 15 years."

While you're at it, just turn off JavaScript, cookies, service and web workers, disable plugins and extensions. Actually, just cancel your internet service, get a subscription to the newspaper and a buy roll of stamps. You'll not only save money, you'll be patriotic by supporting snail mail. #TinFoilMadHatters

Wow, you must be making money by thrusting ads people don't wanna see in their face every time they visit your website, am I close? If a consumer doesn't wanna be tracked from the cradle to the grave they should have that right. As though the right to privacy were only desirable by a conspiracy theorist. Next time just go outside and pound some dirt to take out your anger towards freedom of choice. Otherwise, I'll have to write another message exposing these whacked out posts by people like you.

Just use Ultra Surf extension. I use Pale Moon 64-bit and SRW Iron 64-bit these two browsers alone keeps them out with Ultra Surf is free. Then you got Ublock extension is also free. There was a setting for your router as well to keep the trackers away. I use to write code to my Android code in making Power Code ROMs 7 years now stop all tracking once and for all. Today everything you install wants to know your location or want's to phone home. Cell phone has become our mini PDA, Hand held computers, Girl Friday's etc. Tracking is a must but again there are software you can't download from Play Store, MS Store etc. You got to go underground to get it. I am testing out one right now which I not mentioning just yet. Suppose to block everything all ads and ads in apps which are supposedly free but with ads. Seems to work so far too bad it's not free either. 7 day trial.

I want to allow location access, just without annoying popups, but popups keep coming back even for sites I have allowed (like Google Maps). Even preventing cookie deletion for those sites has not prevented. Any way to do it on a domain selective basis without it having to be; accept none or all? Primarily use Chrome on Windows, and Safari on iOS. Thanks.

Actually, I have been trying to do just that. Damn cookies, local storage, etc. Hope there is an app where I could charge rent on my computer. (hey not a bad idea, maybe we could charge spam callers for calling us without our permission!).

I went to safari technology preview, and clear history when I'm done, then go to preferences and check, privacy, manage web site data, it should be all gone. if not use the remove feature. Can't keep the B$%#* from sending me cookies, as the wen sites fail, but I can damn straight keep them from saving them and mining me for stuff I don't want to share with them, like everything.

Boo Hoo if this internet trolls only give me what I ask for directly, and don't target me for stuff I never asked for

My Chrome has always been set to "Block" with no exceptions listed, yet I still am constantly getting these exact pop-up's asking to send notifications. I just got 2 more, checked settings, still on "Block", and they still get through. I don't see another setting somewhere, not sure why I still receive them.

The info here for Microsoft Edge is useless. I already have "Location" disabled in Windows 10, and thus for all apps, yet Edge keeps prompting me over and over with a Settings button because certain websites want to use my location. WTF?

Instructions for BRAVE browser:
- Open Settings> Privacy and Security> Site and Shields Settings> Permissions> Location
- Select: "Don't allow sites to see your location"

Last edited:
Back